As India proudly celebrates the 75th Independence Year “Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsava”, Jashn-e-Adab Sahityotsav in association with Ministry of Culture (Govt. of India), Himachal Pradesh Govt. and, Department of Language and Culture (Himachal Pradesh) are organising Jashn-e-Adab Cultural Kaarva’n Virasat 2022 on 16 and 17th December (Friday and Saturday) at Gaiety Theatre, The Mall Road, Shimla. Jashn-e-Adab Cultural Kaarva’n Virasat 2022 embodies the essence of our heritage which lives on in the form of Hindustani art, culture and literature. Entry is free for the audience.
The cool winter weekend of Shimla will become lively with the warmth of Kathak, Ghazal, Hindustani Classical Singing, Qawwali, Dastangoi, Play, Kavi Sammelan and Mushaira, etc. Renowned Indian artists who are flag bearers of our Hindustani art and literature will be participating and performing at the event.
The performances and sessions lined up through the two-day cultural event include:
– Qawwali by Rais Anis Sabri – one of the youngest performing Sufiana Qawwals, he is the son and disciple of Rais Sabri
– Kathak performance by Vidha Lal – Dancer, Kathak Exponent, Choreographer and Teacher. She is an empanelled artist of Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR).
– Ghazal and Classical Singing by singer Vidya Shah – renowned Indian classical and Ghazal Singer, she trained in Carnatic music initially. Later Vidhya Shah received guidance in Khayal from Shubha Mudgal and learnt Thumri, Darda and Ghazal Gayaki from Shanti Hiranand.
– ‘Dastan e Ram’ Dastangoi (13th century Urdu story telling art form) by Fauzia Dastango (first female Dastango) and Ritesh Yadav
– Hindi adaptation of the 19th century play ‘A Marriage Proposal’ originally written by Anton Chekhov directed by Dr. Sanjeev Johri – Theatre Actor-Director. Dr. Sanjeev Johri trained with personalities like Pankaj Kapoor, Nadira Zaheer Babbar and B. V. Karanth. Sanjeev Johri is one of the leading names in Indian theatre today.
– ‘Adab Na Ho To’ discussion featuring Justice Shabihul Hasnain Shastri (respected thought leader on Indian Cultural Heritage) and Farhat Ehsas (Internationally acclaimed Indian Urdu Poet)
– Kavi Sammelan and Mushaira – Indian poets of international acclaim from across India will recite their creations on stage – Irshad Kamil (Lyricist – Poet), Farhat Ehsas (Urdu Poet), Madan Mohan Danish (Poet), Khushbir Singh Shaad (Poet), Kunwar Ranjeet Chauhan (Award Winning – Internationally acclaimed Indian Poet), Quaiser Khalid (IPS), , Azm Shakiri (Poet) and Ranjan Nigam (Poet).